Sunday 22 October 2017

Neutral Wedding Card


I got asked to do a wedding card, with the instructions that it could not be at all cute. Which made me have to think a bit as my go-to wedding stamp set is the super cute Lawn Fawn Happy Wedding. But having to challenge your crafty muscles is always good, and after a few rounds of optimisation, I ended up with this card. To be honest, the plan was to use white heat embossing on the roses, and I had done multiple versions with both white and clear glittery embossing powder. They look really similar when the bottles are sitting on the desk and I simply went for the wrong bottle! But in the end, I really liked the subtle shimmer from the glitter embossing powder so I went with this design after all. I then hand lettered the sentiment using a metallic sharpie as I don't have a Mr&Mrs stamp. I added some gold Wink of Stella to the sentiment for a finishing touch adding some subtle shimmer.

My card was inspired by the neutral colours and intricate piping on the beautiful wedding cake and the metallic shine from the cake stand over at The Card Concept #80 (my card style is CAS). I'm also linking up with CAS on Friday where the theme is Flowers. 


Trying to capture the shimmer of the embossing powder on the roses.

Card: White 300 gsm card, kraft card
Stamps: STAMPlorations In Bloom: Radiant Roses
Ink and lettering: Tsukineko Versamark, Copper Sharpie, Gold Wink of Stella
Other: Papermania Holographic Embossing powder, CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies 

STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.

3 comments:

Susan Powell said...

Love the CAS style of your card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous CAS card. Love the position of the flowers. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

anja curvers said...

A very pretty card. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on Friday.